BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Evolution

I'mma talk about the evolution of young, teenage girls to, well, young adults.

You see, I was randomly cruising around, checking random people's blogs and I came to realise that there's actually an evolution going on. So, I'm gonna pat myself on the back and say, "Great observation!" Haha!

Okay, so I noticed that young girls of age 14 to around 16 or 17 have this trend of blogging. They normally bitch about other girls, talking about scandals in their schools, talking about boys/boyfriends and stuff like that. Well, there's nothing to be ashamed of cuz that process happens to everyone, including me. When we were younger, we usually gossip about this other girl or according to what I've been reading thru in a number of blogs, girls usually have a number of 'bitches' that they hate and stuff like that. Well, in my opinion, EVERYONE has a bitchy side to themselves, including the guys. But as long as you know the limit and doesn't hurt anyone else, I think it's ok to sometimes let that bitchy part of you out. You know, just to have a lil fun but not over the limit.

Then, as I scroll thru some older girls' blogs (18 and above), it's more..well, matured like. Maybe as we grow older, the little petty things that used to bug the hell out of us (such as that girl who backstabs or that other girl who stole someone's bf) doesn't really matter to us anymore. Oh yes we still gossip about it once in a while, but it's not something that we prioritise in our lives. It's not so much of a big deal anymore. But it doesn't mean we won't feel nothing if one of our friends betray us. We just don't feel the need to make a big deal out of it. Maybe that's what aging means. We learn lots of valuable lessons thru experience. In life, if you experience a hiccup, you pick urself up and move on stronger than ever. No point lingering in the past and hurting urself even more.

No wonder they say that as we grow older, we grow wiser.

When I was a little girl, I used to think that adults are perfect, especially our primary school teachers. To me, they were the greatest, wisest, smartest and they can solve any problems in the world. But as I grow older, I realised that adults are just actually people like us, they weren't able to provide all the answers to everything. What they can provide is their experiences in life and lessons they've learnt thru it. Adults are just people like you and me. In 10 or 20 or even 30 years time, I'll still be me with my attitude and personality. I might get wiser, I might not. I'll definitely still make mistakes (when we were small we used to think adults will never EVER make any mistakes) and we'll definitely still be struggling with life. But of course to the younger kids we'll still be the know-it-all, but it doesn't change who we are deep inside.

Oh God listen to me. I sound like a long-winded buffalo. Haha but still, that's what's blogging about. It's about expressing yourself.

0 comments: