BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Preview of Books

Throughout the last week, I was having this book-reading marathon since I couldn't go online. I was reading the books that I bought from the very inexpensive bookstore - The Devil Wears Prada, Chasing After Harry Winston (Devil Wears Prada series), Thanks for The Memories, Sleeping Arrangements and The Host.

Oh my God. I have to tell you that The Host is really worth reading. It's written by Stephanie Meyer, author of the Twilight Saga and I'm telling you, whoever who has never read this book before is totally losing out. Just like the Twilight Series, The Host is unique in its very way and it definitely, absolutely has a very interesting storyline. Not a single page is boring. And the book is super thick! Thicker than any of the Twilight books. It's filled with suspense and you'll be filled with anticipation and your heart will pound faster (literally) as you go through the really, really suspenseful parts. It's also really touching and you MIGHT be crying at certain parts. Also, it's filled with unexpected surprises. I'm telling ya, you really need to go grab The Host and flip through it.

The Devil Wears Prada series are quite funny. You'll laugh out loud in some parts. At first I thought maybe the books might be boring, but surprisingly, it isn't. It's kinda hilarious, especially Chasing After Harry Winston. I have yet got to lay my hands on Everyone Worth Knowing, another book from the Devil Wears Prada series.

Cecilia Ahern's books are wonderful - as usual. P.S. I Love You, Where Rainbows End, If You Could See Me Now, A Place called here, Thanks for The Memories and The Gift are all amazing books. Each and every one of her books are unique and different. The way she tells each stories are not the same at all. Her books are touching and filled with lessons. After each story, you'll start thinking a little about life and the lessons that you've learned from the books. There's a new book from her called The Key for Tomorrow that I haven't read yet. I have yet to own that particular book and The Gift, a wonderful and really sad and touching story.

I have another goal in mind as well, that is to collect the whole Shopaholic Series. I didn't know that the series is supremely funny until I came across one of the books in the series and laughed myself crazy when I was reading it. It's the ultimate chick lit and really, really funny and interesting. You'll just shake your head and laugh at the many stupid things the main character does.

So the authors that I worship will be Cecelia Ahern, Stephanie Meyer, JK Rowling and one chinese author who writes Chinese novels. JK Rowling is one of the most extraordinary author with the really unexpected plots. Stephanie Meyer is forever creative in writing fictions that will leave you breathless while reading it. Cecelia Ahern writes touching real life stories filled with lessons and hopes that you'll never forget. They're just simply the best.

If you don't like reading, you better start. It's one of the epitome of life that you'll miss out.

0 comments: